September 23-29, 2018
Initiated in 2003 by the International Council on Active Aging® (ICAA), Active Aging Week takes place each year during the last week of September. The weeklong campaign calls attention to, and wholeheartedly celebrates, the positivity of aging today.
Active Aging Week challenges society’s diminished expectations of aging by showing that, regardless of age or health conditions, adults over 50 can live as fully as possible in all areas of life. It also promotes the benefits of healthier, more active lifestyles across the lifespan.
Active Aging Week embraces all dimension of wellness – emotional, vocational, spiritual, physical, intellectual, social and environmental.
DID YOU KNOW: Today's adults are living longer, healthier lives due in part to better fitness and nutrition programs. With the number of Americans 65+ expected to reach 20% of the U.S. population by 2050, exercise and diet are more important than ever!
At Power Hour 360, our mission is to engage older adults in fitness and nutritional activities that promote better health and a higher quality of life as you age. We are committed to supporting wellness-aging as something to be celebrated and embraced, not ignored or devalued. Here’s how we help you to stay fit for life:
PH360 offers an energizing, never dull workout. Plus:
- Certified trainers who work with you to reach your full potential.
- Heart-rate zone training and calorie burning technology to track your workout in real time.
- Varied interval sessions on the treadmill, rower, boxing bags, and strength training.
- Nutrition programs to keep you healthy and lean year-round.
- Nine classes a day (Mon-Fri).We ensure that there is always a class that will fit into your busy schedule.
- A stretch and reset class every Sunday (Summerlin location, only)
- Four convenient locations throughout the valley.
AN OFFER FOR YOU!
In support of Active Aging Week, stop by any of our four locations throughout the valley and get a free week (5-days) of classes.
Sources: parentgiving.com. activeagingweek.com, powerhour360.com